Scott Johnson at Power Line Blog posted an article today about last night’s Tucker Carlson show on Fox News. Tucker Carlson interviewed Tony Bobulinski, a former business partner of Hunter Biden.
The article cites a number of articles that have been written about the interview and includes a partial and full video of the interview. Please follow the link above to see those.
The article notes a few key points about the interview:
- Hunter and James Biden brought nothing to the deal other than the Biden family name,
- What China wanted was the Biden family name,
- Joe Biden was involved in the business deal, so much so that he had veto power over negotiations,
- In 2017, Bobulinski met Joe Biden twice when the Biden side of SinoHawk was courting him to step in and act as CEO,
- Bobulinski also spoke at length with James Biden, Joe’s brother,
- When Bobulinski asked James how they could get away with this kind of deal, which seemed to be falling into dangerous territory given that Joe could run again for president, James announced, “plausible deniability,” and
- The Biden group stiffed Bobulinski, leaving him out of pocket for all his expenses while channeling CEFC’s money into another entity that did not involve Bobulinski.
Regardless of how you feel about the relationship between China and the Biden family, I think after watching the interview, you might hesitate to do business with the Bidens just on the basis of their concept of ‘plausible deniability’ and the ethical perspective that statement reveals.