In the October issue of The AMAC (The Association of Mature American Citizens) Magazine included an article titled, “The Accomplishments of President Donald J. Trump.” The list is too long to include in this article, but I would encourage you to follow the link for the entire list. It is an impressive list.
Here are a few highlights:
Building Economic Prosperity
- Created an historic economic expansion that benefitted all Americans and will do so again following the interruption caused by coronavirus
- Passed historic tax cuts, providing much-needed relief for American families and putting American businesses on a level playing field.
- Created Opportunity Zones to spur investment and job creation in forgotten communities.
- Restored American manufacturing, putting in place policies to bring supply chains back from overseas.
- Preserving and Protecting social security for seniors.
- Cut regulations at a historic pace to free up American businesses— meeting and far exceeding the promise to cut two regulations for every new one.
- Ended the Obama Administration’s war on coal as promised, rolling back the so-called Clean Power Plan, WOTUS (waters of the United States), stream protection rule, and other overregulations.
- Replaced the Obama Administration’s disastrous CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) standards and rolled back burden- some Dodd-Frank provisions, as promised.
- Regulatory relief will save Americans $377 billion per year, or $3100 per households.
Lifting Up American Workers and Families
- Put in place policies to lift up working families, including releasing the first presidential budget in history to include a national paid family leave plan.
- Invested in workforce development to ensure American workers are prepared to gain high-paying, family-supporting jobs.
- Promoted school choice to ensure all families have access to quality education for their children.
Achieving Fair and Balanced Trade
- Withdrew from the Trans-Pacific Partnership to protect American jobs.
- Negotiated monumental new or revised deals with Canada, Mexico, South Korea, Japan, and other countries to put American workers first.
- Confronted China’s decades of trade abuses, placing tariffs of hundreds of billions of dollars on Chinese goods.
- Put in place tariffs on foreign steel that was undermining critical American industries.
Unleashing American Energy
- Freed American energy producers to conduct their business, leading to record oil and natural gas production and expanded energy exports.
- Followed through on his promise to approve new pipelines, including the Keystone and Dakota Access pipelines.
- Withdrew from the job-killing Paris Agreement.
- The typical American family now saves an average of $2500/year on their energy bills.
Protecting Our Nation
- Rebuilt our military with historic investments in our defense and provided our troops the largest military pay raise in a decade.
- Defeated ISIS’s territorial caliphate and brought terrorist leaders to justice, including ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- Restored American leadership in space and established the Space Force.
- Took action to ensure America leads the way on the technologies of the future, like AI and 5G.
Restoring American Leadership on the World Stage
- Ended the disastrous Iran deal and reimposed strong sanctions on the regime.
- Stood up for our ally Israel and followed through on the pledge to move the American embassy to Jerusalem.
- Released a vision for peace and prosperity in the Middle East.
- Successfully urged our NATO allies to increase their defense spending to meet their obligations.
- Reversed the Obama Administration’s disastrous Cuba appeasement policy.
Even this small portion of the article highlights some awesome achievements. Before you vote, consider the contrast of the impact of eight years of Obama-Biden versus almost four years of President Trump.