The Price Animals Pay For Green Energy

On Monday, PJ Media posted an article about the increase in whale deaths offshore near wind farms. The article reminds us that when the Cape Wind Farm was proposed off the coast of Massachusetts, the elites who lived on the coast proposed it. Wind farms were for the little people.

The article reports:

…But there is concern that the surveying for the construction of offshore wind farms may be causing a problem for the whale population. Dead whales are washing up along the shores of New York and New Jersey. Meghan Lapp of Seafreeze fisheries told Tucker Carlson:

I can’t authoritatively say that all of the whales that are washing up are because of offshore wind farms. But what I can tell you is that the seven whales that washed up off New Jersey in the past month have all washed up during intense geotechnical surveying of wind farm leases off of New Jersey. On the East Coast, there has been an unusual mortality event for humpback whales from 2016 until now. The only thing that has changed in the ocean in that time is the fact there have been offshore wind surveys occurring from 2015 until now. Now, magically there are a bunch of humpback whales dying.

The article concludes:

So, coal is bad and deadly. Oil is bad and deadly. Natural gas is bad and deadly. But wind power is awesome! Unless you happen to be a whale. In which case, the process of putting in a wind farm could be bad and deadly.

It is tempting to think that the administration is in bed with the WEF and companies that create wind farms, and that the lobbyists have done their jobs well. And that is a perfectly reasonable speculation since everything must be electric now, lest the planet becomes a smoking cinder before our very eyes. It is equally plausible that the people who are pushing the electric agenda didn’t think things through far enough to consider the possibility that they could kill animals that have been struggling for years in terms of numbers. Or they just didn’t care. But then, being a Leftist means never having to say you’re sorry. Or admit a mistake.

Wind farms are also deadly to birds attempting to fly through them. In January 2121, The American Bird Conservancy reported the following:

The Erickson study reported that 62.5 percent of the birds in their data set were small birds. Taking 62.5 percent of the 681,000 annual mortality estimate calculated above and adjusting this with the 1.6- and 2.7-fold multipliers from the dog search study (and adding the other 37.5 percent of birds back in), this would translate into a total of 936,000 and 1.4 million birds based on the numbers from the two sites. Averaging the two, this would suggest that 1.17 million birds are killed by wind turbines in the United States each year.

The Perils Of Green Energy

On Thursday, The Washington Free Beacon posted an article about ESI Energy, a subsidiary of NextEra Energy.

The article reports:

A renewable energy firm that conspired with former president Barack Obama to maim and murder hundreds of majestic bald eagles has finally been brought to justice.

ESI Energy, a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, was sentenced in federal court on Tuesday after pleading guilty to three criminal counts of violating the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. The company will serve five years probation and was ordered to pay more than $8 million in fines and restitution for its role in the deaths of at least 150 eagles that were slashed to pieces by its wind turbines.

The article notes:

NextEra, which operates more than 100 wind farms in the United States and Canada, received hundreds of millions of dollars in federal tax credits as part of Obama’s efforts to promote renewable energy. The Obama administration typically granted permits to operators of wind and solar farms that exempted them from federal laws prohibiting the killing of bald eagles and other protected species. NextEra didn’t even bother to apply for these permits, which prosecutors said gave the company an advantage over its competitors that did seek Obama’s permission to commit bird genocide.

Wind farms during the Obama administration were responsible for the murder of more than 573,000 birds each year, including 83,000 hawks, falcons, and eagles, according to the Associated Press. Weaponized solar farms, which also benefited from taxpayer subsidies, were another key component of Obama’s genocide campaign. Sunlight reflected from the massive arrays of solar panels creates a “kill zone” where temperatures can reach up to 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit. According to Bloomberg, some birds are “incinerated in flight,” while others fall to their deaths after having their feathers singed. Birds that survive the fall are often “too injured to fly and are killed on the ground by predators.”

When discussing green energy, shouldn’t the impact on bird life in America be considered?