Yesterday the Supreme Court ruled to uphold the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program. It’s interesting that they chose to uphold the program when President Obama, the author of the program, admitted various times that the program was illegal.
Yesterday PJ Media posted a list of the ten times President Obama declared that his creation of DACA was illegal. Please follow the link to the article for the details, but here is the basic list:
- During remarks at a 2010 Cinco de Mayo Celebration
- During remarks on comprehensive immigration reform at American University
- During an MTV/BET town hall meeting and a question-and-answer session
- During a radio interview with Univision
- During a Univision town hall
- During remarks at a Facebook town hall meeting and a question-and-answer session
- During the 2011 Miami Dade College commencement
- During remarks on comprehensive immigration reform at Chamizal National Memorial
- During remarks to the National Council of La Raza
- During a roundtable with questions from Yahoo!, MSN Latino, AOL Latino, and HuffPost Latino Voices
So a President who swore an oath to uphold the Constitution passed a law (a violation of the separation of powers) and now the Supreme Court is not willing to undo that law. That is another reason Americans think Washington has lost its way.
The Western Journal posted a screenshot of a tweet by The Daily Caller summarizing what Justice Thomas said in the dissent: