Just the News has been one of the leading sources for information on the Flynn case and for tracking misreporting of the Mueller investigation. Today the site posted an article listing some of the things that need to be investigated in the Mueller investigation.
The article notes:
Despite a February 2018 order from the judge in the Flynn case Emmett G. Sullivan to prosecutors to turn over all material exculpatory evidence to the defense — including information impeaching the credibility of witnesses against him — prosecutor Brandon van Grack never turned over any of the recently released information showing:
- FBI agents investigating Flynn’s contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak had recommended closing the case after turning up “no derogatory information.”
- Agents were blocked from closing the case by fired, anti-Trump agent Peter Strzok, who in text messages attributed his move to intervention from the bureau’s “7th floor” leaders.
- A senior FBI official confessed qualms — in notes recorded after a 2017 senior strategy meeting on the Flynn investigation — about whether the bureau’s purpose was to discover the truth or, instead, entrap Flynn in a lie that would lead to his dismissal or prosecution.
The recent revelations raising questions of prosecutorial misconduct in the Flynn case fit an emerging, more general pattern of questionable tactics employed by the Mueller probe, including withholding relevant exculpatory evidence and misrepresenting the government’s interactions with investigative targets.
The article lists nine problems with the Mueller probe:
- Misrepresentation of Papadopoulos cooperation
- Silence about Trump Tower meeting exculpatory evidence
- Court filings with deceptively edited email
- Scope memo used debunked Steele Dossier to set investigative parameters
- Mueller final testimony ignores Steele Dossier
- Deceptive editing of Dowd voicemail
- The secret side deal
- Improper acquisition of transition email
- Misleading Trump’s lawyers about his status
General Flynn is not the person who should be facing a prison term. Please follow the link above to read the entire article. It is chilling that this abuse of our legal system has been allowed to continue as long as it has.