On Monday, The American Thinker reported the following:
An account was published Sunday in the San Marcos Record of a massive late June raid on a couple in rural Hays County, Texas that resulted in no arrest. The scale of forces deployed and the tactics used seem designed to intimidate and punish, especially considering the fact that the couple never entered the US Capitol on June 6, and were guilty only of being Trump supporters who were peacefully demonstrating.
The article recounts the event:
Lora DeWolfe and Darrel Kennemer were startled when FBI agents, during the pre-dawn hours on June 22, broke through their gate leading up to their home which sits on seven acres in rural Hays County. (snip)
Kennemer, concerned, sprung out of bed, grabbed his AR-15 and stepped onto the porch wearing only his briefs.
The couple watched as several other vehicles, estimated between 20-30, poured onto the property, including one armored vehicle with a battering ram.
FBI agents demanded Kennemer “drop his rifle” as they exited the approaching vehicle. Kennemer responded asking if officials had a warrant, and to show him.
Agents instead began tossing a series of flashbang grenades at the 67-year-old after which Kennemer realized a group of targeting lasers on him that forced him to lay down his weapon.
The couple was placed into handcuffs, taken away from their house, and questioned while their home was being searched.
Kennemer said it wasn’t only members of the FBI present, but ATF and SWAT, too.
“All present I would say upwards of 100 agents, at an astronomical cost to the taxpayer, were on site,” Kennemer said. “The warrant wasn’t even a ‘no knock’ warrant. It could have been served with a simple knock on our door during daylight hours.”
This is abuse of power by the federal government. At the present moment, the Department of Justice is so out of control that they are willing to do this to anyone who is a Trump supporter. That is not America.
Meanwhile, Just the News reported the following on Monday:
The same U.S. Attorney’s office that has prosecuted scores of Jan. 6 protesters for trespassing and other crimes has declined to prosecute nine members of TV comedian Stephen Colbert’s The Late Show production team for unlawful entry into a congressional office building, Capitol Police announced Monday evening.
“The United States Capitol Police (USCP) has been working with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia on the June 16, 2022, Unlawful Entry case that involved a group of nine people associated with The Late Show,” the department said in a press release.
“The United States Capitol Police was just informed the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia is declining to prosecute the case,” they added.
Capitol Police said they arrested the nine producers on unlawful entry charges, saying “members of the group had been told several times before they entered the Congressional buildings that they had to remain with a staff escort inside the buildings and they failed to do so.”
So a couple that did not enter the Capitol building on January 6th has their house invaded by the FBI with a SWAT team, and a group that entered the Capitol unlawfully is not charged. Meanwhile, some prisoners who were arrested in connection with January 6th are still sitting in jail with no bail and no trial.
If we don’t begin to undo this in the November election, we will no longer have a country.