Trees play a vital role in preserving our environment.
According to arborday.org, these are some of the ways trees help the environment:
- Global forests removed about one-third of fossil fuel emissions annually from 1990 to 2007.
- Trees remove pollution from the atmosphere, improving air quality and human health.
- Roadside trees reduce nearby indoor air pollution by more than 50%.
- A study of 10 cities found community forests save an average of one life each year. In New York City, trees save an average of eight lives every year.
- Office workers with a view of trees report significantly less stress and more satisfaction.
- One large tree can provide a day’s supply of oxygen for up to four people.
- More than 20% of the world’s oxygen is produced in the Amazon Rainforest
- Forested watersheds provide quality drinking water to more than 180 million Americans.
There are many ways that trees improve our lives. Follow the link above to read more. So why is Scotland removing a forest to put up wind mills?
On Sunday, The American Thinker reported the following:
Stupidity is increasingly state-sanctioned.
Since 2000, the Scottish government has felled around 1,700 trees on a daily basis, all to make way for “green” initiatives. Leave it to the government and their leftist abettors to harp on the “destruction of the environment” then chop down literal trees to create barren wastelands—all to make room for obtrusive, industrial, inanimate behemoths that obliterate all sorts of animal populations, and create massive amounts of environmental pollution (in production, maintenance, and disposal).
According to an article by Frank Bergman and posted to Slay News yesterday, the Scottish government’s scheme of systematic deforestation was implemented to “meet the goals” of the climate agenda. Is that not one of the most ludicrous and asinine things you’ve ever heard? Or perhaps, the move is right in line with the climate agenda, because the goal isn’t environmentalism… but rather communistic destruction?
A Scottish government official has admitted that almost 16 million trees have been cut down in Scotland to make way for ‘green energy’ farms.
The trees were growing on public land and were chopped down so the land could be used for wind turbines.
The admission was made by Scotland’s Rural Affairs Secretary Mairi Gougeon, a member of the ruling left-wing Scottish National Party (SNP).
She estimated that 15.7 million trees had been cut down since 2000 on land currently managed by Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS).
Bergman also reported that Gougeon said:
‘Where woodland is removed in association with development, developers will generally be expected to provide compensatory planting in order to avoid a net loss of woodland.’
Mother Nature always does things better than we do. It is foolishness to tear down her work and replace it with something that will wear out in a fairly short time and will fail if the temperature is too cold or too hot.