Issues & Insights posted an article today about what almost eighteen months of the Biden administration has done to the American economy.
The article reports:
It’s taken President Joe Biden and his fellow Democrats all of 16 months to turn the land of plenty into one plagued by empty shelves and rationing. Well, Biden did promise to “transform” America, but how many voters knew that this is what he had in mind?
The latest in the growing list of shortages is the chronic and dangerous scarcity of baby formula that is causing new parents to scramble to find supplies and stores to ration how much customers can buy. The latest industry data show that 40% of America’s baby formula supplies are out of stock, up from 29% in March and 11% last fall.
This is a potentially deadly situation if parents can’t get the food they need for their babies or try to make their own formula. As CNN reports, “Specialized formula is even harder to locate amid the widespread shortage. Parents are driving to neighboring states to try their luck, and many are pleading for help on social media, imploring strangers to share or even barter any extra supply they may have.”
One industry observer said that “supply chain issues, product recalls and historic inflation” are driving the baby formula crisis. As it turns out, Biden is at least partially responsible for all of those.
His spending spree fueled the price spiral, his “rescue” plan exacerbated labor shortages and supply chain problems, and, as Just the News reports, “gross incompetence by federal officials on Biden’s watch … inflamed a baby formula shortage now panicking parents nationwide.”
A whistleblower had alerted the Food and Drug Administration last October about contamination problems at an Abbott Nutrition plant in Michigan. But Biden officials didn’t get around to recalling the formula until late February, when the industry was already under pressure from Biden-fueled labor shortages and price hikes.
The article also mentions other shortages:
- “New York Hospitals Battle Supply Shortages”
- “Over Half of Consumers Report Grocery and Food Shortages”
- “Fertilizer shortage could cause food shortages in Michigan”
- “Inflation, shortages could delay Georgia road projects”
- “Cold Stone Creamery continues to deal with shortages”
- “April auto sales fall on shortages; Honda at 3-day supply”
- “California officials warn of summer power shortages, blackouts”
- “Labor and Materials Shortages Prompt New Approaches to Building and Design”
- “Worker shortages hamper U.S. private payrolls, services sector in April”
- “Trucker shortage causing supply chain disruptions”
- “Diesel fuel is in short supply as prices surge”
This is either gross incompetence of an intentional destruction of the fabric of
America. Either way, it needs to be slowed down by the mid-term elections. Hopefully that will happen.