Some of the people saying that Islamic terrorism is coming to America have been treated pretty much the way Chicken Little was treated. Unfortunately, there is more truth to what they are saying that to what Chicken Little was saying.
These are the five incidents Mr. Spencer cites:
1. Shelton Thomas Bell – received a twenty-one-year-old convert to Islam from Florida, got a twenty-year prison sentence Wednesday for attempting to aid jihad terrorists. Planned on traveling to Yemen to join Ansar Al-Sharia, an alias for al-Qaida. Bell and an unidentified juvenile flew to Jordan in late 2012 in the hopes of crossing over into Yemen and joining the terrorist organization, prosecutors said. But they never crossed the border and ended up being arrested in Jordan after Bell preached jihad at a mosque.
2. Islamic State threats to a Jewish business – a thriving D.C. business is the target of self-described ISIS militants. For the past five months a barrage of phone calls and internet postings have threatened employees. The callers vow to carry out mass murder. The report didn’t identify the business, but said it was “Jewish owned and some of the threats are anti-Semitic while others are racial or homophobic.”
3. Abdalah Mohamed – flew into a rage when a store owner would not sell him an individual cigarette instead of a pack. “I will blow up your store,” he screamed. “I’m going to send my guys to shoot up your store.” “You Israeli,” he raged at the deli’s owner, Iraj Rafai: “I’ll blow up your store in the name of Allah! We take care of people like you.” After he finally left, he called the store only to fulminate some more. I didn’t realize smoking was ok with Allah.
4. Raheel Mahrus Ubaydah (Christopher Cornell) – was arrested on Wednesday for plotting a jihad terror attack involving pipe bombs at the U.S. Capitol and shooting government officials. “I believe that we should just wage jihad under our own orders and plan attacks and everything,” he wrote. “I believe we should meet up and make our own group in alliance with the Islamic State here and plan operations ourselves.” He even said that “we already got a thumbs up from the Brothers over there and Anwar al Awlaki before his martyrdom and many others.”
5. Belgium – This operational cell of about ten people, some of whom had returned from Syria, was on the point of launching significant terrorist attacks in Belgium. During the search, certain suspects immediately opened fire at special forces of the police with automatic weapons. They opened fire for several minutes. Two suspects were killed and a third was arrested.
All of this was done in the name of Islam. Islam may be a religion of peace (which I don’t believe it is), but if it is, its followers have somehow not gotten the message.