You ask, “Who is Brett Kimberlin, and what is all this about?”
This is the description of Brett Kimberlin from The Blaze:
- Drug dealer, alleged child molester, and convicted perjurer, forger and Indiana Speedway Bomber (who is also believed to have played a role in the assassination of a grandmother), Brett Kimberlin, spent 17 years in prison before his ultimate re-absorption into American society
- He started a non-profit dubbed “Justice Through Music (JTM)” that has, since at least 2005, been funded by George Soros’ Tides Foundation and Barbara Streisand among other leftists
- Along with his associate, Kimberlin also started an organization called “Velvet Revolution” that supports the Occupy movement
- JTM’s goal is to use music to foster “social justice” and fight Republican “voter fraud” (like the kind George Bush allegedly used to “steal” the Florida election)
- Any blogger — conservative and liberal alike — who has written the truth about Kimberlin has come under vicious attack by either Kimberlin or his minions, suffering death threats (veiled and unveiled), multiple lawsuits, loss of jobs and worse
- He has filed over 100 frivolous lawsuits against anything that isn’t nailed down and somehow is being allowed to continue unchecked
- This story has never been reported on in the mainstream media
Datechguy adds some recent perspective:
With all due deference to Stacy McCain and Lee I immediately recognize this as newsworthy and the bloggers inaction and the MSM’s inaction are the story today, much more than Brett Kimberlin himself. Think about it:
An American Reporter living in America has been forced to relocate himself and his family for their own safety and nobody wants to cover it except conservative bloggers despite great physical & financial risk.
It’s as if the entire right side of the blogosphere has become Pam Geller & Robert Spencer for a day.
To me this is story #1. It goes beyond political considerations. The Story of Stacy McCain’s flight, like the Molly Norris story, is a tale that has never failed to outrage the average American when I tell them face to face and would outrage the nation, yet thanks to the MSM inaction nobody has heard it.
To be sure there are other questions worth asking after today:
- Will the organizations of the left that have funded Mr. Kimberlin continue to do so?
- Will the online left back Mr. Kimberlin?
- Will Brad Friedman of the Brad Blog continue to work with him?
- And just how many bloggers will participate (and will there be any conspicuous by their absence)?
These stories are all newsworthy but none of them in my mind surpass what I am about to type:
At the start of the Memorial day weekend, when we celebrate and remember those who have died to protect our constitutional freedoms as elaborated in the Bill of Rights, an American Journalist and his family are in hiding for their own safety for daring to exercising those rights the men and women we honor died for.
That’s the bottom line.
Please read the articles at The Blaze and Datechguy’s blog for the entire story. It is chilling. It is time all Americans stood up and denouced thuggery in all of its forms.