The swamp is slowly, very slowly, shrinking. That may be the reason the political establishment and the mainstream media are acting like cornered animals. They are simply shrieking and making nonsensical noises.
Breitbart posted an article yesterday citing another example of saving the taxpayers’ money while draining a small portion of the swamp.
The article reports:
President Trump has disbanded something called the Advisory Committee for the Sustained National Climate Assessment (ACSNCA).
That shrieking you can hear is the sound of the Green Blob, mourning the loss of another of its tentacles.
If you believe the liberal media, the ACSNCA – as probably no one ever called it – was a vital organization established by President Obama in 2015 as part of his career-defining mission to combat climate change:
The 15-member Advisory Committee for the Sustained National Climate Assessment included academics, corporate representatives, and local officials who were tasked with helping public and private-sector officials understand the findings of the National Climate Assessment so that the information could factor into their long-term planning.
Put more simply, the panel, which was founded in 2015, existed to make sure government data was able to help both the public and private sectors prepare for the inevitability and disruptiveness of climate change.
Climate change has been happening since the beginning of the earth. The question is how much of that change man actually is responsible for. If you are going to blame man for global warming, how do you explain the extended period of global warming that occurred during the Middle Ages? We have an obligation as people to balance our needs as a civilization with efforts to keep the planet as unpolluted as possible. However, the word is ‘balance.’
The article at Breitbart concludes:
- How can Moss – who has cashed paycheques from a charity dedicated to advancing the UN’s agenda and from an activist group whose fundraising prospects are connected to the public’s sense of alarm – be regarded as a dispassionate and neutral scientist?
- Although some of Moss’ work is cited by the 2007 climate bible, he doesn’t appear to have been a member of any of the author teams for any of the 44 chapters of that report. So why was he considered a key part of the team that was awarded the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize? Why does he appear in that photograph?
- Why did a VP of the WWF attend an IPCC workshopin Berlin last November? Why was Moss’ WWF affiliation not declared in that context? Why does the workshop documentation instead say he’s affiliated with the Joint Global Change Research Institute?
- Now comes the million dollar question: What is a VP of the WWF doing serving as a Review Editor for Working Group 2, Chapter 15 of the latest edition of the climate bible – the one that is being written as we speak? [see page 13 of this 27-page PDF]
- When the IPCC announcedthe list of people participating in the AR5 (Assessment Report 5) last June why did it not reveal that the WWF is Moss’ employer? Why did the IPCC tell us, instead, that he’s affiliated with the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory?
Your tax dollars at work. Your tax dollars down the drain and into the swamp.