The article states:
The Fort Worth Star Telegram reports the 41-question survey was part of the diversity curriculum for Black History Month. Students were instructed to rate their level of comfort with various scenarios:
- A friend invites you to go to a gay bar
- You go to the gay bar and a person of the same sex asks you to dance
- Your sister invites her new boyfriend home to dinner. He is a female-to-male transsexual
- Your dentist is HIV positive.
- Your assigned lab partner is a Fundamentalist Christian
Parent Ashley Brent told the Star-Telegram her son was very uncomfortable with what he called a “weird test.”
“This is not something that is school-appropriate,” she told the newspaper.
And what HIV-positive dentists and transsexual boyfriends have to do with Black History Month is beyond me.
What are we doing to our children?