On Friday, a website called American Greatness posted an article about the abuses and misdeeds of the ruling class in Washington in recent years.
The article has a good summary of where we have been:
Comey, former CIA Director John Brennan, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, and their collaborators in the FBI, Department of Justice, and CIA did anything but professional law enforcement. Their contempt for the rule of law is plain. In reality, they appear to have colluded to:
- Illegally collect and share raw intelligence data on Americans with unauthorized third parties as well as access attorney-client privileged information, violating constitutional privacy protections;
- Hand out partisan political favors to the Clinton team;
- Conduct a phony investigation into the Clinton emails and willfully understate the gravity of her actions (which mirrored similar behaviors in prior Clinton investigations) after allegedly earlier attempts to suppress any investigation;
- Obtain a FISA warrant to spy on Trump team members by misleading the Federal Intelligence Surveillance Court, not telling them that the request was based on only political opposition research;
- Intercept Trump Tower communications during the campaign and transition;
- Unmask hundreds of Trump officials, promote the dossier, collaborate with foreign agencies on phony intelligence, and authorize in the Obama administration’s last days the sharing of raw intelligence information among all 17 intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections;
- Mislead and manipulate the president by sharing partial dossier content with him without disclosing it was funded by the Clinton campaign;
- Use the Trump briefing on the dossier as a media leak setup to publicize its unverified tawdry stories at CNN, with its multiple conflicts of interest (CNN reporter, with his ties to Fusion GPS; former Obama DNI Head James Clapper, now a CNN commentator; and Valerie Jarrett’s daughter, the CNN reporter covering the DoJ/FBI) to ensure dissemination of the Russian collusion meme;
- Leak classified information in order to get a special counsel appointed; and,
- Actively participate in undermining an elected president by pursuing an “insurance policy” using the false Russia collusion story.
The article concludes:
Andrew McCarthy sums it up: “…we have collusion all right: the executive branch’s law-enforcement and intelligence apparatus placed by the Obama administration in the service of the Clinton campaign. To find that, you don’t need to dig. You just need to open your eyes . . . After nearly two years with no corroboration, a fair-minded commentariat would . . . be asking why the FBI and Justice Department presented unverified information to a federal court in order to spy on Americans.”
A rogue ruling class has successfully undermined the constitutional foundation of America, a crime far worse than Watergate. They remain a fundamental threat to our civil liberties.
The Inspector General’s report is supposed to come out May 8. It will be interesting to see how much of it is made public. There is enough information out there already to convince most Americans that certain parts of their government are corrupt. If that corruption is not dealt with and those responsible held accountable, then America will have lost the concept of equal justice under the law.