On Friday, The Daily Signal posted an article that provides some background information on Stacey Abrams.
These are some basic facts about Ms. Abrams listed in the article:
1. She ‘Wouldn’t Oppose’ Noncitizen Voting – she did support the idea of non-citizens voting to local elections, but the fact remains that people who are here illegally are breaking the law and should not have voting rights.
2. She Wants to Turn Georgia Blue – that’s not all that unusual, but her approach in somewhat interesting.
3. She Wants to Promote ‘Race and Gender’ Issues – has anyone else noticed that promoting race and gender issues divides us rather than unites us?
4. She Was Endorsed by Planned Parenthood – just for the record, Planned Parenthood receives on average approximately $500 million a year in taxpayer funds. How much of that money is essentially laundered and spent on campaign contributions?
5. She Is ‘Sick and Tired’ of Free Market Role in Health Care – actually health care worked very well until the government got involved – people were taken care of and the cost was not prohibitive.
6. She Says ‘Liberal’ Is a Good Word – that is her privilege.
7. She Says the AR-15 Doesn’t Belong in Civilian Hands – Don’t look for her to support the Second Amendment.
8. She Is a ‘Romance’ Novelist – she writes sexually explicit romance novels under the name of Selena Montgomery.
The comments in bold type are from the article. Other comments are mine.
This is the person the Democrats have chosen to respond to the State of the Union address.