We are about a month away from early voting in the mid-term elections and about two months out from the actual election. Generally speaking the party of the President loses Congressional seats in the first mid-term elections of his presidency. That is generally because people are disappointed that he has failed to keep his campaign promises. That rule may or may not apply to President Trump–it seems as if a lot of rules don’t apply.
Some of the things the Democrats would do if they were to take over Congress would include:
- Ending the tax cuts for both individuals and corporations (this would promptly end the economic growth we have seen in the past year or so)
- Ending any investigation into the misuse of the Justice Department to spy on political opponents during and after the 2016 election
- Ending any investigations that may be going on into Uranium One or the Clinton Foundation
- Starting extensive investigations into President Trump with the aim of impeaching him
- Reinstating many of the regulations that prevented the economy from growing in the past
- Opening the borders and eliminating ICE
- Reinstating the original rules of ObamaCare (which would drastically increase the cost of health insurance for everyone) and reinstating the individual mandate
Some of the things the Republicans would do if they were to take over Congress:
- Complete Mueller’s investigation and finish the investigations into possible illegal spying by government agencies during the 2016 presidential campaign
- Make the tax cuts permanent (businesses don’t like uncertainty, until the tax cuts are made permanent there is some degree of uncertainty)
- Move further toward energy independence
- Seal the border
- Revise immigration policies so that people come here to assimilate and contribute to America–not just take advantage of our welfare programs.
- Clean out the swamp that is Washington, D.C.
With that in mind, I would like to post an excerpt from an article posted at The Conservative Treehouse today:
Many media outlets are now carrying the former Presidents’ daily speeches live during their broadcasts. There is a visible sense of panic amid the far-left apparatchik.
One thing stands as abundantly clear, the former president is afraid – very afraid.
Former President Obama is acting like a man who knows there is a strong likelihood a win for President Trump in the mid-terms means all of the corruption discovered during Obama’s administration will surface. When campaigning today Obama says: “things can get worse“, he’s right. Things likely will get much, much worse…. FOR HIM.
If President Trump can keep control or gain seats within the House of Representatives; and simultaneously build on the republican majority within the senate; there’s a horizon filled with consequences for President Obama, democrat politicians, and former administration officials who weaponized government to retain power.
Everything is being controlled, scripted and planned. On the surface it might seem like President Obama is violating every polite political custom in an effort to win seats in the mid-term election; however, below the surface the real motive is to save himself.
There were some serious shenanigans that went on during the Obama administration–the IRS scandal, Fast and Furious, Uranium One, Hillary’s server–just to name a few. If the Democrats fail to take control of Congress this year, it is quite possible that these scandals will be dealt with and the people responsible will be held accountable. There is a fairly substantial group of people in Washington that does not want that to happen. That is the reason the former President is running around the nation saying dumb things.