Last night Breitbart.com posted a list of the top ten lies told during the State of the Union speech. I watched the speech last night and wondered what world President Obama was living in. I am thoroughly disgusted with the President and with Congress for not shutting down executive orders. I fear for an America whose politicians ignore the U.S. Constitution. The guilt is on the part of both the Democrats and the establishment Republicans.
Breitbart lists the lies. Please follow the link above to read the entire article. The lack of truth in the speech is amazing:
1. “[W]e’ve done all this while cutting our deficits by almost three-quarters.”
2. “Anyone claiming that America’s economy is in decline is peddling fiction.”
3. “That’s what the Affordable Care Act is all about. It’s about filling the gaps in employer-based care so that when we lose a job, or go back to school, or start that new business, we’ll still have coverage.”
4. “Food Stamp recipients didn’t cause the financial crisis; recklessness on Wall Street did.”
5. “We’ve protected an open internet…”
6. “Seven years ago, we made the single biggest investment in clean energy in our history. Here are the results.”
7. “No nation dares to attack us or our allies because they know that’s the path to ruin.”
8. “As someone who begins every day with an intelligence briefing, I know this is a dangerous time.”
9. “We are training, arming, and supporting forces who are steadily reclaiming territory in Iraq and Syria [from Islamic State].”
10. “Fifty years of isolating Cuba had failed to promote democracy, setting us back in Latin America.”
Now let’s look at a few facts.
President Obama did slow down the growth of government spending, but not until the Republicans took the House of Representatives in 2010. Generally, President Obama has had higher deficits than the Presidents before him.
The American economy is not currently healthy–the labor participation rate is down and wages are stagnant. The economic recovery has been very slow and is not yet complete.
There is at least one article every day about people forced to give up their health insurance because of huge increases in premiums due to ObamaCare. ObamaCare has not been a successful healthcare solution.
Wall Street did not cause the economic crisis. The roots are fully and correctly explained here.
President Obama’s Net Neutrality policy has limited freedom on the Internet–not opened it up.
President Obama’s policy on clean energy has wasted millions of dollars on companies that have gone bankrupt, killed the coal industry, and blocked the Keystone Pipeline that would have brought jobs and brought America closer to energy independence.
I am not sure our allies feel safe. Ukraine never received the help it needed, and certainly Iran had no second thoughts about capturing our sailors. A more accurate statement would be that our allies don’t trust us and our enemies don’t fear us.
We are making a show effort to stop the Islamic state in the Middle East. We have been on the wrong side of history since the revolution in Egypt. We have supported the Muslim Brotherhood to the point of having their members in the American government.
Opening relations with Cuba has not helped anyone. The government of Cuba is still aligned with Russia and Iran and is still imprisoning political dissidents. All we have done is provide them with more money with which to do their mischief.
Any resemblance to the world as it is and the world painted by President Obama is purely coincidental. The speech was a waste of airtime. I would have been better off watching reruns of the Weather Channel.